Raksha Bandhan / Rakhi Celebration Ideas
Raksha Bandhan is the indian festival of celebrating bond between brothers and sisters. On this occasion sisters tie rakhi on the wrist of their brothers and pray for the happiness, long life and success of their brothers and brothers take the responsibility of protecting their sisters. This sacred thread of rakhi is considered even stronger than the iron chain. Its the sign of love and trust between siblings. So how are you going to celebrate this rakhi ? This festival is an occasion to make your relation stronger and lively with your siblings and can add some beautiful moments in your life. So don't celebrate this festival as a formality but it should be an unforgettable celebration. Here I am telling you some ideas to make the rakhi celebrations special for your family and siblings.
- What can be better than a handmade rakhi greeting card and a handmade rakhi thread. If your brother is a kid then you can use cartoon figures to decorate the cards and rakhi threads. Write some thoughtful and cute messages on the greeting card and decorate it with beads, images, glitter and colorful flower pictures.
- You can prepare a special unique dish for your brother/sister on this occasion. Prepare delicious cuisine and sweets keeping in mind the taste and choice of your brother/Sister or can take your siblings to a restaurant and have a grand lunch and dinner party.
- You can celebrate rakhi with your relatives and can plan a small function and fill it with enjoyment by dancing, playing games, cracking jokes, singing songs etc. You can also plan a family picnic or a family movie and dinner.
- Without gifts we can't imagine a festival so choose a special unique gift for your brother or sister. You need not to buy an expensive gift beyond your budget but it should be straight from your heart because your feelings behind the gift are much more important than the price of the gift. For your kid brother you can choose games, toys, chocolates and cute kids wears. and for elders brother you can choose shirts, watches, mobiles, perfumes, portfolio bags, a nice novel if he is fond of reading, leather jackets, wallets, belts, ties and cufflinks etc. For your kid sister you can buy cute teddy bears, chocolates, barbie dolls and cute kids wears and for elder sister you can go for jewelry items like rings, bracelet, anklet, earrings, necklaces or can buy perfumes, fancy tops etc. If there is anything your sibling has been planning to purchase for a long time but not managed to purchase it yet then its a better day to surprise him / her by making his / her wish come true.
- You can make a photo collage of your childhood memories with your brother or sister. Gift it to your sibling and see the expressions of his/her face. You can also make a video of the beautiful childhood moments captured in photos.
- Wear a traditional outfit on this occasion. You can also gift a unique traditional outfit to your sister or brother. Ask them to wear it then celebrate the whole day with joy and happiness.
In today's busy life festivals bring the moments of happiness in our life. So these festivals should be celebrated in such a way that can leave remarkable and unforgettable impressions on the mind of our loved ones. I wish this festival of Raksha Bandhan will bring lots of happiness in your family. Wish you all a very Happy Rakhi :)
By Monika Jain 'Panchi'